Ni Hao!
That is one of maybe 2 chinese phrases I know. Well that's not true...I know how to get home in a cab now :) Anyways, just checking in to say hi to everyone. I'm flying to Shenzen today, its about 30 minutes north of Hong Kong. Going to a ribbon factory and then a mold maker person for work. Everything is starting to get more comfortable here, more routine, which is good! I met an American businessman this weekend, he is one of my friend's friends. He took us to Bubba's, a texas bar and smokehouse. It was great! I had a burger that was great! Now granted if i was at home and eating them all the time i probably wouldn't say it was great, just good, but considering i've been eating mcdonald's and chinese food for about a month now, it was awesome to have food that tasted like home. And the plus to all of that is that i was in a place in shanghai where there were all american people, and all BOYS! with the exception of maybe 5 girls. It was sunday and that's when we watch college football here :) Now i get that sounds like I'm being one of those people who travels somewhere exotic and just stays in the hotel, but you have to understand, i'm the only white person within 10 miles of where i live, so finding a restaurant where i am surrounded by people that speak english and look like me is a nice change!
Anyways, here are some pictures. We went and had all you can eat and drink sushi and sake on friday night. And about a week before that Danny's (my roommate) friend Lawrence came to visit and we all went out. that night ended with the boys trying to use my purse as a smuggling bag for beer, until i said no and left the beer in an elevator on the way up to a bar. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment