Oh and Danny and I aren't moving, at least not to that place. It was nice, but too far away from everything and VERY china. The buildings were brand new, very nice, but in typical china style, the elevators were crap, the hallways were dirty, etc. They don't really understand the concept of ambiance I guess is a good way to put it. They just think, it's an elevator, a hallway, we walk and bring our scooters through it, it doesn't need to be nice. But it just doesn't feel normal to someone like me who's grown up with aesthetically pleasing environments for the most part. You don't make the hallway to your apartment nice because you have to, you do it because it makes it feel like home, and even safe. And no one is going to go shopping at the best store if you have to go through a crappy building with creepy people to get to it. That was the other part, the security at this place stunk! They didn't check who was coming in and going out, basically the equivalent of a rent-a-cop. Where I live now, they either know you or they make you call someone to get in, end of story. So, I think we're going to stay here through Dec. 1 and by then we will have found a new place, or I might be going somewhere else, I don't know yet...
Saturday, October 11, 2008
I knew this would happen...
So, I'm not a stupid person, I read all the info about relocating to a new culture. I get that there are stages (you're in this utopia place, you hate the place, you think its okay, etc)....but right now I'm ready to reject all rational thought and shell out 1200 bucks and go home. Not permanently, but at least for a week. I am going stir crazy, which seems silly because I'm in CHINA, there's so much to do here its nuts. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that OU/TX is happening and i'm in a place where no one even knows (silly I know but it's one of the many things I miss about home, going out on saturdays and seeing everybody in their team gear, heck i'd even like to see some orange and black right now). I know this will pass, I know I just need to find my niche, but i'm thinking my niche might be somewhere else. I'm not ready to give up and go home and never go anywhere again, but i'm thinking europe would be cool. Grad school wouldn't be so fun, but i think it would be a lot more fun if I was in europe. Who knows, but I leave for Macau a week from today so that's exciting! I'm staying on the island with the least development (only 2 hotels). I've found a running trail, I'm going to a wine museum, and I have every intention of sitting on the beach reading a book and listening to the SILENCE! (I'm praying there's silence...I need silence, china is so noisy!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi Megger!!!!!!!
It is so awesome to hear from you. I am so proud of you for hanging in there--not many people could do what you are. When you are an old lady, you will be glad you did. I think summer is a great idea--so you can't back out and come home! Things are strange in these parts--OU gets beaten by Texas and OSU beats the #1 team. I also think you are on target with skipping graduation--I didn't go to any of mine (much ado about hearing your name). I am all about a party, though, and would love to help put it together! I will kiss your hairy boyfriend for you (Gordy, not Mike)!
Love you tons,
Lisa
Post a Comment