Friday, October 24, 2008

Macau

Alright, so I went to Macau for a few days this last week. I made two slideshows of some pictures i took that are below. I stayed at the cutest beach hotel, it was called the Pousada de Coloane. It was decently priced, and was so relaxing! Every night I would sit on the terrace overlooking the ocean and eat dinner or check my email. I spent my first full day wandering around the Macau peninsula. The old architecture and cute shops were a lot of fun to see :) I walked through the back streets leading off of the square and found a great mom and pop Portuguese restaurant to eat lunch in. I didn't buy anything because my suitcase was way too full when i got there, plus almost everything I could've bought I can get in Shanghai for the same price. Macau was beautiful though, I went and saw some of the casinos. I didn't take pictures of it but I went to the Venetian one night. It's ridiculous! Makes the one in Vegas look teeny tiny. It sits on the new "strip" they're calling the Cotai strip which is where the land extends between Taipa and Coloane. There is so much construction there it is insane, every hotel chain i've ever heard of is building something there, and they're building a huge mall. But overall my trip was amazing. It was so quiet where I was that I could hear the keys on my keyboard clicking when I was outside, a sound I can't remember hearing in the last two months. I got to fall asleep every night listening to waves outside my room, and I drank Sangria and read a book on my balcony during the day.

Macau isn't Vegas yet, but I loved it!

Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: